UConn Students

Find a Job

Search and apply for work-study or student labor positions available to UConn students in Storrs, Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford, and Waterbury.

New job opportunities appear throughout the year. Check back regularly or sign up for JobMail to receive automatic e-mail notifications of new job postings in your area of interest.

Application for a position does not guarantee an interview.

calendar icon

Important Dates for Work-Study Fall 2024/Spring 2025

  • Students must accept their work-study online by August 1, 2024.
  • Work-Study begins on August 23, 2024.
  • Students have until the September 13, 2024 to secure employment.
  • UConn departments have until September 20, 2024 to process work-study student hires in CORE-CT.
  • If students have a problem with their work-study offer or need further information, please email the Student Employment Office at studentjobs@uconn.edu

What's the difference between work-study and student labor?

Federal Work-Study Employment

  • Federally-funded financial aid program for students with demonstrated financial need.
  • Determined based on the annual completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Offered to students for the entire academic year. The total amount offered is split between the fall and spring semesters.
  • Calculate the total number of hours per semester a student may work to earn his/her full work-study award using the formula:
    Work-Study Award ÷ Pay Rate = Total Hours

Student Labor Employment

  • Funded by the employing department.
  • Available to eligible students, regardless of financial need.
  • Students can work year-round, including the fall and spring semesters, and winter and summer intersessions.

Off-Campus Community Service

Paid Community Service Opportunities

Students with a Work-Study award may earn that award through paid community service positions. Login to JobX, click the "Find a Job" link  and select the "Off-Campus Work-Study Community Service" funding source.

Volunteer Opportunities

Learn about more community service opportunities through UConn Community Outreach. Transportation to many off-campus work locations is often provided.

Pre-Employment Paperwork

Students must complete Pre-Employment paperwork (I-9, Tax, and Direct Deposit forms) prior to starting work. At the Storrs Campus, Section 2 of the I-9 form is certified by the individual on-campus employers/departments. Some of the Regional Campuses may have a central location & contact person to assist with completion of the forms. Students being hired at a regional campus should contact their supervisor for guidance.

Student Employment Information